Douglas C. Baxter is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Myrtle Beach office. He focuses his practice on litigation defense, insurance, governmental liability defense, legal malpractice defense, products liability and premise liability.
Mr. Baxter’s experience includes:
- Trying numerous jury and non-jury cases in South Carolina courts and the United States District Courts, primarily handling cases in the Pee Dee and coastal areas of South Carolina.
- Trying a wide variety of cases to verdict, including products liability, wrongful death, premise liability, automobile accidents, police arrests, commercial disputes, construction and slander/libel.
- Involved in various other aspects of litigation defense including directing the investigation within hours of an incident occurring and alternative dispute resolution (arbitration and mediation).
Pro Bono/Community Involvement
- Mission Trip to Nakuru, Kenya in Africa to distribute water filters to IDP refugee camps, First United Methodist Church of Myrtle Beach, 2012
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator by the South Carolina Supreme Court