William C. McDow is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Columbia office. Since his father is a now retired physician, he naturally focuses his practice on medical malpractice defense, along with nursing home litigation, insurance defense, and professional malpractice. After graduation from law school, he clerked for the Honorable J. Ernest Kinard, Jr., until 1991, and then worked as an assistant solicitor in the Fifth Circuit Solicitor's Office before joining Richardson Plowden in 1995.
Mr. McDow's experience includes:
- Successful prosecution of criminal cases of all types, including murder trials, while working as an assistant solicitor.
- Representation of many medical malpractice and nursing home defense cases.
- Certified mediator by the South Carolina Supreme Court.
- Mr. McDow is married with two children. He is a member of Eastminster Presbyterian Church in Columbia, S.C. In 2006, he served as the moderator for its Board of Deacons. He was installed to serve a three-year term as Elder in January 2012.
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator by the South Carolina Supreme Court
- July 2015, Obtained a Defense Verdict in Gene Franklin Patton, Jr. and Melinda Patton v. Kershaw Urology, LLC and Augustine Mireku-Boateng, M.D.
- March 2015, Obtained a Defense Verdict in Pamela Stuck, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Helen
M. Spalding v. Dr. James B. Tribble, Individually and as Agent, Servant or Employee of Surgical Associates of South Carolina, PA; Dr. Heyward H. Fouche, Individually and as Agent, Servant or Employee of Critical Health Systems of South Carolina, PA d/b/a American Anesthesiology; Palmetto Health Alliance d/b/a Palmetto Health Baptist; Surgical Associates of South Carolina, PA and Critical Health Systems of South Carolina, PA d/b/a American Anesthesiology
- May 2014, Obtained a Defense Verdict in Thelma E. Sanders, acting by and through her attorney-in-fact, Patricia M. Evans v. M. David Mitchell, MD, Michael R. Henderson, MD and Orthopaedic Associates, PA
- October 2012, Obtained a Defense Verdict in Doris F. Atkinson and William E. Atkinson, Jr. v. James A. Williams, Jr., MD and South Carolina Oncology Associates