William C. McDow is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Columbia office. Since his father is a now retired physician, he naturally focuses his practice on medical malpractice defense, along with nursing home litigation, insurance defense, and professional malpractice. After graduation from law school, he clerked for the Honorable J. Ernest Kinard, Jr., until 1991, and then worked as an assistant solicitor in the Fifth Circuit Solicitor's Office before joining Richardson Plowden in 1995.
Mr. McDow's experience includes:
- Successful prosecution of criminal cases of all types, including murder trials, while working as an assistant solicitor.
- Representation of many medical malpractice and nursing home defense cases.
- Certified mediator by the South Carolina Supreme Court.
- Mr. McDow is married with two children. He is a member of Eastminster Presbyterian Church in Columbia, S.C. In 2006, he served as the moderator for its Board of Deacons. He was installed to serve a three-year term as Elder in January 2012.
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator by the South Carolina Supreme Court
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Defense Research Institute
Awards, Honors, Accolades
- Download vCard
- 2020-2013, South Carolina Super Lawyer for Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice
- Rated AV Preeminent® for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, Martindale-Hubbell
- October 2015, Selected as one of the Columbia area Legal Elite by Greater Columbia Business Monthly